May 8, 2008

Speaking of cleaning.

I use a webmail client.

Why?

Well, let’s just say I’ve had the misfortune to have OSX crap out on me a bunch of times. Every time it’s crapped out, it usually has meant going in and reinstalling everything. Suffice to say it’s a gigantic pain in the ass and the ancillary treat is that a lot of files are just lost in the process. I lost a ton of emails that way and to combat that, I’ve been using the web client for email.

So, over the last five days or so, I’ve taken it upon myself to get the thing straightened out.

Every time I send out an email, the thing is saving a copy of the email I sent out. So, the queue had gotten up to somewhere around 1200 emails. The incoming queue was up to somewhere around 600+.

Some of the stuff is important and then there’s a lot that isn’t.

Well, right now the sent queue is down around just over 400 and the incoming queue is at 370. I’m not there yet but, the end is in sight.

Oh, and why does OSX keep crapping out? Well, each time it’s happened, it was because I tried installing one of Apple’s stupid upgrades.

No comments: